This is much more than just a pair of tests, its a comprehensive set of lessons aimed at beginning typing students!
There are a total of seven lessons, from a basic home row introduction to more advanced demonstrations on symbols and punctuation. Each lesson provides easy-to-understand instructions on its topic, and has interactive word lines for students to practice on, pressure-free.
Each lesson is interactive and students can closely monitor their own progress and errors as they go.
There is also a freeform practice sheet for typists to work on before they attempt the tests. The tests themselves are timed and will give students a good representation of their typing abilities.
- Topics Covered: Alphabet, Capitalization, Punctuation, Quotation Marks, Hyphen.
- Statistics Presented: WPM (Words Per Minute), Accuracy, Keys per second, Raw words per minute (including errors), Number of errors.
- Number of Activities: 2
- Difficulty: Easy and Medium
- Activity Speed: Slow
- Special Education compatibility: High
- Accompanying Illustrations: Errors highlighted in red, correct keystrokes highlighted in green.
- Overall Quality: High